Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Here is the newest addition to our family. Nicole and Jessica talked me into getting a hamster. Leah is her name. Okay, I have to admit that I like the hamster. What will it be next! So far so good with the little rodent. We have only had one mishap so far. Nicole accidentally stepped on her and thought she had killed her. The two girls came running down the stairs screaming as though someone had lost an arm. I asked what happened and Jessica said, "Nicole stepped on the hamster and she cracked!". All I could think of was that now we had a paraplegic for a pet and I was going to have to somehow make an apparatus that Leah could pull herself around on...something like a cart with wheels. Well, to make a long story short, the hamster was just in shock and after about 10 minutes she was back to herself. I never knew having a rodent for a pet would give me something to talk about.

7 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh Kris... that is just funny. This is why we have no pets.

Dents said...

Leah the hamster. That must have been traumatic for Nicole. Kids sure love pets, even if they are rodents. Do you have one of those balls you put hamsters in and they run around in them, causing the ball to roll all over the place? I think that would be fun.

Nana and Papa said...

Just make sure you don't get it around a male hamster or you will have more than just one pet. They have lots of babies. But when the our kids were little we have what we thought were two male hamsters but just what we were wrong. So good luck.

Shelrae said...

This GREAT! glad to hear all is going well ....maybe one of these days soon I will have to set one of these up...boys keep asking when we get to see our cousins from California again.....take care

Dave & Katie Butler Family said...

Kris, your blog page is so cute... Great story about the hamster.

Jessica Jo said...

Yeah I'm so glad you are blogging! It's so fun to see how your family is!
I think you're safe with a hamster. Just don't start thinking rats are cute! Just because they sell them in pet stores doesn't make it right :)

Julie said...

I've always thought hamsters were pretty cute. We went to Petco and Spencer saw all the little animals they sell. He wasn't interested in the hamsters and Miya jumped and started to cry when one of them moved. They did really like the rabbits though, but that's so not happening.